Sunday, July 13, 2014

Blog Assignment #13: What did I leave out?

I have learned a lot throughout the course of this class, but one assignment I would like to have seen introduced would be setting up an interview with a teacher in your subject area to learn about the do's and don'ts, what to expect, etc. I participated in this in my high school senior portfolio, and benefited a lot from it. The instructions were as follows:

-Schedule an interview with someone who currently works in the field of your choice. (In our case, a teacher in our subject area.
-You must be dressed in appropriate attire: dress like you were being interviewed to receive this job.
-Have a list of questions to ask your interviewee. Example: What do you enjoy most about this job? Do you receive benefits? What are some difficulties you have run into throughout this job that I should look out for?
-Write a two paragraph essay in response to what you learned in the interview. (In our case, possibly a blog post about it.) Within the blog post, discuss the required attire for the job, and a short description of what is expected of someone in that certain profession.

I benefited from this project because it gave me a taste of what it would be like in the field I wanted to study, and it gave me the chance to make sure that was what I wanted to do in life. Also, being interviewed with someone in that field, dressed appropriately like I was ready for the job, has helped me land several potential jobs after I graduate. 


Teacher

1 comment:

  1. What would your post have been after doing your interview?

    ReplyDelete